Ingmar Bergman once said in an interview to a journalist in the lobby of a hotel :
"If you ask me in the general purpose of my films, I answer that I would have been one of the artists who created the cathedral of Chartres. But I mean, with this idea, especially a cathedral that is for me the cultural, artistic activity. italics
Well I think that every artist, especially Europe, must lead his small stone for the construction of the cathedral. This is just a small stone, but it is very important. It 's our duty, our only way to live, to exist, even to breathe. Building the Cathedral means to fight against hypocrisy, against injustice, against war, against oppression, against lies. It 's a difficult struggle for because it is true that there are those who want to build, there are those who want to destroy. And these people that wants to destroy you so much, and is tenacious. It 's so easy to destroy, and it is so difficult to create .... But even if the cathedral once built, can be demolished and no longer exist, we must build it. Only then we will be better. "
italics
building, building, believing in what feels like real. It seems that the wise man today as yesterday, is one that can not be enticed by the current, trying to get a full sense of life, adhering to what we have already written in, and that is the value of the human.
0 comments:
Post a Comment